Quality Affordable DA Polisher Question

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:45 am
What do you guys recommend as a quality variable speed DA polisher under the $150 price range?

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 am
my suggestion would be a porter cable 7424xp. ive had the older version without the xp for quite a few years. not as large of a throw as newer models from what i read and its time consuming( ive been using a rotary for cut then switch tot he da for buff) but it gets it done- with the right pads and product.
i USED to use meguiars m105 and orange lake country pad for cut with the 7424 but havent used the 105 in quite some time.it dusts up quite a bit but does seem to work better in cooler temps- not nearly like it did before megs changed whatever in it about 10 or so years ago.
then follow with m205 on an orange pad. great results.
i switched to m100 and a twisted wool pad on the rotary.i believe it was coronet here that turned me onto that-its wicked badass stuff! then m205 with my da but it really isnt necessary- that m100 rocks.

IF a rotary scares you- they arent bad. what ive read the problem being is people new to it starting with the rpms at screaming cheetah willy speed and applying pressure to the rotary instead of letting the pad and product do the work.
also seems to be common to use too much product causing the pad to cake up. more isnt better.
no need for that. its possible to start with lower rpms and work up to a comfortable speed. let the buffer do the work- i only use my hands to control the buffer movement - not push it into/onto the surface.
personally i dont run very high rpms on mine. i dont have to get the work kicked out the door so have time.

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail