Is this a good Twisted Wool pad to try?

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:08 am
Hello Everyone,
I plan to practice cutting and buffing and plan to use a twisted wool pad as recommended in other posts on this topic. I have not used twisted wool before and am shopping for a pad to try. Is the following pad a good one to try. My buffer is a 7" Makita with hook and loop.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/wo ... g-pad.html

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:59 am
Yes, I use the same pad with Meguiars M-100 for the first go around. It will easily remove 1500 grit scratches however I normally sand to 2000.
Be sure to dress the pad from time to time if you see compound building up. Not as big an issue with the M-100 as it was with the M-105 which had some fillers in it.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:30 am
That is the same pad that I use as well. Even found it to be pretty good when restoring old furniture lacquer coatings. And yes, "spurring" the pad to keep it from "caking" up is important. I have one of those pistol grip multi-star spurring tools for that. When I was young and stupid I use to use a big wide screwdriver....well, until I drove it into a wall one day..... :oops:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail