newb help, omni acrilyac (sp?)

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:08 am
Hi, I just had a friend (whos only done a few minor jobs) do the interior of my car. I took the panels & seats out and had him paint the exposed metal which was primered from the factory. The problem is there is a few blemishes which almost look like orange peel or really scalley. The car was outside and its black omni acrylic. Could the metal have been to hot and it dried almost on contact ? Anyway we are probably put another coat on a few spots. I need to know how can I make this look better. I plan on sanding with 800G sandpaper everywhere then hitting it with a clear coat. Will this work decent ? Remember its on the inside so it doesnt have to be perfect. Thanks

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:23 am
Im no expert but you may want to dbl check the p sheet in regards to sanding the bc before cc'ing.......I know DuPont does NOT recommend sanding their Chroma line bc. If you need to for repairs then you must apply another coat of bc before cc'ing.

As for repairing those few spots, depending on how bad they are, Id probably use 400G (800 wld take too long I think) then respray bc in those sanded areas then cc.

Gdluck!

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail