Logon Error's?

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:07 am
Is anyone having issue's when they try and log onto the site.. For some time now, whenever I try and log onto the site with my username and password it takes 2 attempts.. 1st attempt after putting in the info brings me back to the forum index without having logged me in, the second attempt will log me in, however the forum then acts as if I have already been logged in and none of the post are new.. Dont quite get it, but none the less its been an ongoing issue.. same thing happens when I want to reply to a post. even though I will be logged in, I have to log in again after I hit the repy button and then all the new post that were showing from my "searching of new post" are then gone again.. Getting tired of this :!: :!: :!:
[Quote from Quincy Jones]

If you want more, Dream more!!!!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 am
same here

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:36 pm
Sonofabitch it just did it again.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:40 pm
Never have a problem logging in just getting replies to my user information posts. :P
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 pm
It happens to me most everytime. And a lot of times, I have to submit a post several times for it to take. I keep getting a warning, "Invalid Session Please try again"

Frank

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm
Jeff knows about it and says its some kind of programming issue.. Its on his list of things to do, but with a new baby, I know this forum will be down the list pretty far.. so for now, I guess we will all have to bare with it

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:06 pm
It could be a problem with the way the cookie path is set up in administration settings. If anyone has administration access or if this can get to Jeff, check the cookie settings in the admin panel, the cookie domain should read ".autobody101.com" and the cookie path should read "/forums/".

Hopefully that's all it is, it could be a simple fix..... good luck!

(btw, if someone tries this you need to clear the cookies from your web browser to test it properly)
http://www.autobodyreviews.com

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 pm
I've done some experimenting to see if thats the case and it looks like it is. A simple test will show you how the cookies don't handle the www. properly. When you go to the site typing www.autobody101.com/forums it will almost always cause you to need to log in twice. Heres what happens, you type in your username/password once and it logs you into www.autobody101.com but then it redirects you to .autobody101.com. If you go to the top and retype in www.autobody101.com/forums you'll notice that you are actually logged into the site with the www. in front of it. Its all in the way the cookies are being handled, a simple solution for any frustrated users would be to simply type in the site less the www. (just type in http://autobody101.com/forums) and you should only need to log in once.

Also don't click the forum link on either www.autobody101.com or autobody101.com intropage because it will direct you to the forum with the www in front of it either way. Maybe the Admin could simply change the link on the intro page and save a few headaches for some.

If some people wanna test this out and let me know if this way works it'll be appreciated.
http://www.autobodyreviews.com

Return to Forum Usage Q&A