Get to know your User Profile (and Avatars!)

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:01 pm
I've noticed that on this forum there is very little use of member avatars. I like avatars because they add a little flavor and color to the board, and they can be a fun way to identify our fellow members here.

I've also noticed that some folks seem to have their notification settings turned off. This is a pretty harmless setting -- all it does is allows a small pop-up window to display if you have a new private message from someone. Make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups from autobody101.com

So I figured I should point out that there is a neat little application built into this board called the User Control Panel. When you click on it you can get access to a bunch of different settings. If you haven't visited your user control panel, you should check it out.

I've added over 100 avatars to get the ball rolling. You can also upload your own (which will NOT cause it to go into the public gallery -- it will be used only on your profile). All you have to do is make sure it is equal or less than 100 x 100 pixels -- use your favorite photo editor, or an online resizer tool like: http://www.picresize.com/

Here is a picture that shows how to change, add or select an avatar. If you click on the Gallery button, you'll see the library of built-in avatars to choose from:

Here is a picture that shows how to change your notification settings. You should have these both set to "yes".

Any questions about this, please PM me or post a question in the Usage Q&A forum

-Chris

Return to Forum Usage Q&A