Receiving and sending PM's

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm
Today i received a PM from one of the regulars on this site , I could not open or read what ever was sent , so i sent a reply to the poster and it shows it never lerft my sent box ? what the heck gives ? I am some what totaly confused .
Yes there is a God and you are not him !
http://www.myclassicvehicals.webs.com

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 pm
When someone sends you a PM a couple things happens. First, when you visit the site a pop up window will open notifying you of the PM, second an email will be sent to you stating that you have a PM. There is a link in the email that will take you to your Message page.
When you reply to a PM it will stay in your Out Box until they read it then it will move to your sent folder.

I think that is how it works anyway.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:When someone sends you a PM a couple things happens. First, when you visit the site a pop up window will open notifying you of the PM, second an email will be sent to you stating that you have a PM. There is a link in the email that will take you to your Message page.
When you reply to a PM it will stay in your Out Box until they read it then it will move to your sent folder.

I think that is how it works anyway.

Nothing pops up for me I'm running Windows 7. I have to click on the icon at the top of the site page beside User Control Panel where it says New Messages.
PS I have "new posts" bookmarked and when I hit it I get the page I described.... Hope this helps.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 am
The pop-up function needs to be turned on in your user control panel settings.

Go there, then go to the board preferences tab -- there's a setting selection for "pop up window on new private message"

Regarding the OP's issue -- if you want to send me a PM and give me more details about what the problem is, I can look into it.

-Chris

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:38 pm
Chris I run Firefox and have buttons under my browser window. I just hit the button and it takes me to the new posts page then I take it from there.
:allgood:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Return to Forum Usage Q&A