New Guy Saying Hi

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:12 am
Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I run a rod shop in the midwest and just found this site. Very cool! Full of useful info and great tone.

TinBender
Old Skool

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:31 pm
Welcome! I run a rod shop in Wisconsin. Where ya located?

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:53 am
HORSEPOWER wrote:Welcome! I run a rod shop in Wisconsin. Where ya located?

Sorry for the delay, been busy 8) I'm in Ohio and we do a lot of the usual sheetmetal, resto stuff and a ton of roll cages for SCCA and the like.

3 Bay shop with a paintbooth..not rich, but **** happy and so is my family.
:D
TinBender
Old Skool

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:21 am
lol I'm not rich either but I do own a lot of toys. My shop is a little bigger but in the cold months we only use 1/3 of it. The rest is just winter storage. My family is happy to. I think my daughter will be taking over management duties in the next few years, which will free up at least 1/2 my time so I can build more Rods.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:05 am
HORSEPOWER wrote:lol I'm not rich either but I do own a lot of toys. My shop is a little bigger but in the cold months we only use 1/3 of it. The rest is just winter storage. My family is happy to. I think my daughter will be taking over management duties in the next few years, which will free up at least 1/2 my time so I can build more Rods.

Inspiriation! Awesome..I'm going into my 4th year "official like" and plenty of room to grow. Passing the torch and freeing up your own time will be really rewarding. My daughter is 13 months and she has a ways to go but someday I hope!

Good to hear of others doing well...makes me glad I've given up my previous carreer for this insanity..LOL!

TimBender

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:57 pm
My daughter just turned 14!!!! Ouch! But she already has her truck stripped to the frame. She is still trying to figure out life. :shock: But she likes being at the shop with me, so untill college she will be at the shop every day she has off school. Now if I could only get my son off his skateboard long enough to start work on his truck...... I don't think that's gonna happen though. :roll:

Return to Forum Usage Q&A