thread tool

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm
hey Chris, I hope I'm not asking for too much since I started the thread about my screen not being centered earlier today, but I feel as though this site has a lot of useful and important information worth reading and worth keeping up with. personally, I've been on and off this board all day, and the lack of work completed shows it, and I think that there should be a "thread tool" icon at the top of each thread. that way members that want to get emails of current posts in a desired thread can just subscribe to it without having to post in said thread. I believe that a lot of us are here to learn and to seek advice and sometimes we don't have any useful information to contribute but would still like to follow a thread and get updates via email of posts made by the paint and body gods on the site.

anyway, just an idea.
--carlos

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm
Carlos, ask away...not a problem...

If you look all the way at the bottom of the screen while viewing a thread (phpBB3 now calls them 'topics'), you should see a 'subscribe' link. Is this what you were looking for?

I agree it may be a bit too hidden in this theme and at some point I can see about making it more prominent. Maybe a subscribe button with a similar look, and next to the "postreply" button...

-Chris

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:41 pm
yes sir that is it. thank you very much.
--carlos

Return to Forum Usage Q&A