big problem

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:18 pm
Here's my question, I'm really sorry I am more than a novice. Today I was pulling in the garage and the side of the car near the wheel brushed on a part of the garage. The garage is made of wood and the wood rubbed off on the car. I was able to remove most of it, but there are still small marks that i can not get off. To the touch the car still feels smooth, there are no scratches on the surface. Its my dads car and he is crazy about it. Its a 528i and its his life. Does anyone have any idea how I should go about buffing the thing down or sanding it? I have no idea and would greatly appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:41 pm
Did you try rubbing on it hard with some regular car wax? That might do it. I just watched a guy with some nasty white scratches in the top of his truck bed rails do just that. It really took some rubbing. If it were me I would run / fly down to the the nearest body shop supply and ask them. The white colored rubbing compound would likely do it also if its not really deeply scratched but I would try the wax first. Good luck I know the feeling all too well.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:07 pm
Try wet sanding the area with 1500 grit wet sand paper, then compound the area with micro finish compound and then a good hand glaze using a machine, this should save your life and Dads car. 8) 8)

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail