Facebook "Like"

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:54 am
How long has that option been there? I'd expect its pretty new but I'm just noticing it and feel silly if I've been here all along and not seen it!
++--Tim--++

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 am
Since around 1:00AM EDT this morning. So no need to feel silly :-)

I am not a Facebook person, not by a long shot. But I figured I would put it out there. So far it looks to be off to a roaring start (my two test ids and someone else likes us...everyone else apparently has not yet made up their mind :rotfl: )

So....right now it simply adds a link to the main page of the site, if the Facebook user elects to post on their wall (do they even call it a "wall" anymore?). I was thinking maybe I should make it so that the actual page that the like action was clicked from is what ends up being linked. Anyone have any opinions about that?

Man, I feel old.

-Chris

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 am
chris wrote:Since around 1:00AM EDT this morning. So no need to feel silly :-)

I am not a Facebook person, not by a long shot. But I figured I would put it out there. So far it looks to be off to a roaring start (my two test ids and someone else likes us...everyone else apparently has not yet made up their mind :rotfl: )

So....right now it simply adds a link to the main page of the site, if the Facebook user elects to post on their wall (do they even call it a "wall" anymore?). I was thinking maybe I should make it so that the actual page that the like action was clicked from is what ends up being linked. Anyone have any opinions about that?

Man, I feel old.

-Chris

LOL

I'm the "other" person :) I generally just leave facebook up all day and just check for interesting updates from friends - usually doesn't happen tho :)

As for the link .. I don't think specific pages would really make a difference. In general we're "liking" Autobody101.com and I think that's perfectly relevant.
++--Tim--++

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 am
I "LIKED" it on my FB. also I am a moderator on a tractor forum,(AutoBody is one of the forums) I promise that I will recomend AutobBody101 on there.
Dont junk it,Fix it up and Paint it

Return to Forum Usage Q&A