41v mazda soul red tri coat

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm
Hi Has anyone sprayed this color yet,Iam using Sikkens autowave .There arent any chips availible and the spray card matched the bumpers but not the car body and the bumpers are far from a match to the body.The body looks like a HOK dye very electric and transparent.Any info would be great.

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 am
brewster wrote:Hi Has anyone sprayed this color yet,Iam using Sikkens autowave .There arent any chips availible and the spray card matched the bumpers but not the car body and the bumpers are far from a match to the body.The body looks like a HOK dye very electric and transparent.Any info would be great.

Was your spray out card a white back ground? if soo try spraying the soul red over a black base. also not doing a drop coat can effect the paint look and make it look less course.. if all else fails you could always try adding some extra tinters if you feel confident enough doing so. hope this helps. :)

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:25 pm
Thanks for the reply
my spray card was pink as per the notes on the formula ,I think it was cbp039 sealer.
so have you sprayed this color? and are you a sikkens user?

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 am
I have yet to spray this colour and I am a sikkens user, have you got the new 2.0 update with the new 800 metallics instead of the 888's?

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 am
NO not yet,the rep is coming up on monday to give it a try
we shall see how far he blends .I'm thinking bumper to bumper.
The problem is ,with one mid coat it turns brown on the flip and too dark an the face,so I over reduced for the effect and got it closer ,but then lost spray ability on the blend.Just have to find the happy place.

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 pm
Hi there I have a mazda 6 to paint in this colour with sikkens 2.0 auto wave. Has anyone painted this colour recently and wht shade and process as I did a spray out with black primer /ground coat 2 coats then top coat 3 coats .also tried 2 groundcoats then mid coat 50/50 with top coat then top coat still not great and it was to dark.any help be appreciated

Return to The Pro Shop!