Check this HC-2100 shot out

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:13 pm
Thats nice. Did you hand wet sand? I ask because Im starting to use an orbital sander...

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:18 pm
Wow Chris that is impressive.
I was wondering where my $100 bills were. :wink:

I need to get some new wool pads and the Presta look like they might be the ticket. Are you using the hook-n-loop pads? Will they work with my 7" backing pad?
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:30 pm
Thanks guys.

I always hand sand. My son uses a water D/A at his job; I'd like to try one sometime.

Jim I like those pads, they seem to cut real well and they last a long time if not abused. They are not cheap though, around $20 each - yes for the hook/loop on my Dynabrade 61374 with a 7" backing pad.

Manufacturer
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:12 am
norunz wrote:Chris, what gun and set up did you use, I shot some HC-2100 a couple of weeks ago and I got more orange peel than I wanted , not bad, but I had to sand a lil more than I wanted to, I used a tekna prolite with a 1.3 tip, I`d say 25-30 at the regulator, ....also would you consider this a soft clear say as compared to ppg 2021

If the clear had some peel, the best option is to add a slight amount of urethane grade reducer to help with the flow. It's a 45% solids clear, 5%, or even up to 10% reduction will make a huge difference. We make a version of the 2021 too.

Hope that helps,

Tammy Miller
Tamco Paint
https://www.facebook.com/TamcoPaint

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Manufacturer
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 am
chris wrote:Don't forget when looking at past projects here that Tamco is a very recent addition to conversation at this site.

Here are a couple of pictures from cut & buff today. p1500/p2000/p2500 followed by Wizards turbo cut on a Presta coarse (black twisted wool) pad, then Wizards final cut on a Presta medium (green twisted wool) pad.

That's a couple of steps more than I usually do on a car but this car my son is doing for a friend of his who has been down on his luck a little lately, so we are working together on it to make it special for him.

$400? That's what I saved by using HC-2100 instead of some other brands ;-)

Check out the gloss level (near 100%) and DOI on this finish:

money-shotA.jpg

money-shotC.jpg

This is a incredible picture! Wow awesome job Chris!
https://www.facebook.com/TamcoPaint

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:47 pm
Beautiful job Chris, I'm going to be spraying the Tamco 2021 clear on a project within the next couple weeks (car owner supplied Tamco high build, basecoat, and clear for the project). Have never used any Tamco products and am very excited to try them after all I have read about them. I sanded some of their primer that was already on one fender of the car, sanded very nice, seems like a good product and its DTM, eliminating the need for epoxy primer... very nice!

Summit and Eastwood paint and primers are relabled Kirker products. Used them, they work as advertised. This car is Summit single stage black sprayed with a $30 HF gun and then cut and buffed 3 years ago.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 pm
Novafreek, that looks amazing! Im still trying to achieve the results that you had on that hood with your CF gun and I've got some nice guns!!!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:14 am
Dreww wrote:Novafreek, that looks amazing! Im still trying to achieve the results that you had on that hood with your CF gun and I've got some nice guns!!!

Thanks. Painting is a hit or miss situation for me because I don't do it everyday, but I'll get there one day :neutral:

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 pm
Love that car; one of my favorites!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 pm
chris wrote:Love that car; one of my favorites!

Thankyou very much! :)

Tomorrow will be primer day on the 442 I'm working on. Body is very straight, so one prime should take care of it. Guys I'm doing it for are sold on Tamco products, so this should be the first of many to come. They have 3 other cars needing paint right behind this one. :goodjob:

PreviousNext

Return to Body and Paint