Lead Seams

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 pm
OldFatBald wrote:
noelc wrote:
chevman wrote:…the one with the holes is mine. I'm looking to avoid excess metal work and on some level sculpting could be involved?..

Buy a Hoosier set of wheels https://www.hoosierprofiles.com/complete-english-wheel-sets-.html and build the frame out of tube steel for an English Wheel and then learn how to fab a compound curve for that roof or find someone that knows what they are doing and build you a replacement roof panel. Those doors, try to find some new ones or parts of one to cut up and weld in.

Way past that, I have a Clayton for a friend.
IMG_0631[1].JPG

Some how it came out side ways? But it looks like an English Wheel?
The plans to turn 4140 slugs in mandral wheels were from a DIY article in a old Street Rodder car magazine. More practice time is always good. Like saying buy a mig and your a welder? lol. Maybe for some? But hammer and dolly move metal as well. The English wheel is like a Plasma cutter. A person can do alot without them and for the money, more.
The roof with the bullet holes, that's mine, got it under control.
IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7741.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

I'm working towards it. Just not working on it.
My doors as well have come along ways. 2 cars four doors.
IMG_3154.JPG

After doing basically the same repair to two lefts and two rights, I had gotten pretty good at fixing.
Some time between tomorrow and June I'll try my hand at spreading lead. I was thinking, what I lack in metal working I make up for in welding ability. But I'm Improving.

Again, the Tudor sedan with a filled roof isn't my handymanship showing. :rotfl:

Funny how there are so many out there that look just like that under the paint?

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 am
OldFatBald wrote:
noelc wrote:
chevman wrote:…the one with the holes is mine. I'm looking to avoid excess metal work and on some level sculpting could be involved?..

Buy a Hoosier set of wheels https://www.hoosierprofiles.com/complete-english-wheel-sets-.html and build the frame out of tube steel for an English Wheel and then learn how to fab a compound curve for that roof or find someone that knows what they are doing and build you a replacement roof panel. Those doors, try to find some new ones or parts of one to cut up and weld in.

Why did you put my name on that quote? Hoosier profiles wheels are the best, but I don't need them.

Settled In
Canada
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:45 am
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye!
The previous quotes attached to this streaming post attributed to Chevman, "the one with the holes is mine. I'm looking to avoid excess metal work and on some level sculpting could be involved?", that was not his. It was mine. 100% MINE.
Looking back at the stream of posts, I didn't attach it or attribute it to his name, but in quoting the post that included it, unintentionally gave credence to such a suggestion that he was the author of the quote. For this I publicly apologize for any trouble, embarrassment, or confusion.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint