Help fixing single stage enamel!

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:52 pm
I just painted my camaro with single stage enamel from spray cans (duplicolor hi build), and i have really bad tiger stripes and orange peel all over. I’m just wondering what steps I should take to fix without burning through too much paint. Also would clear coating this help at all?
Any help is appreciated thanks!

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:08 pm
You used spray can enamel on Camaro? :shocked:

That stuff is basically an industrial coating

Get out you sander and sand every little bit of that enamel off, then re-do it with proper automotive paints.

Alternately sand back the orange peel until it's flat, then respray in a series of light coats, making sure that the can is not angled relative to the surface and you overlap each pass by about 75%.

The tiger stripes come from tilting the can while the orange peel results from, usually, too heavy application.
Chris

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:25 pm
NFT5 wrote:You used spray can enamel on Camaro? :shocked:

That stuff is basically an industrial coating

Get out you sander and sand every little bit of that enamel off, then re-do it with proper automotive paints.

Alternately sand back the orange peel until it's flat, then respray in a series of light coats, making sure that the can is not angled relative to the surface and you overlap each pass by about 75%.

The tiger stripes come from tilting the can while the orange peel results from, usually, too heavy application.

Don’t be too disappointed, lower your standards of camaros :rotfl:

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:14 pm
No fan of rattle can paint jobs!

I agree with strip it and paint it correctly using quality automotive paint and materials.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail