are these waterspots? how to remove?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

Indonesia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:03 am
Hello all. I noticed that in many areas of my car, the paint looks like these.
paint-issue-1.PNG

paint-issue-2.PNG

i park my car outside. yes, it often rains when i was in the office, and already dry when i went back home.

are these fall under the same category as waterspots?
can i ask guidance on how to remove these?

thank you.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:53 am
Well, yeah, it involves some kind of liquid....I've seen car washes do the same thing when the detergents get trapped around door handles, emblems, etc. Notice that kind of "swept back" look to liquid effect. That could be after a wash with trapped stuff going over any rinse or rinse surfactant ( you know... spot free rinse) as you drove away. Could be an aggressive rain/acid rain thing but most clear coats are pretty tough now. Probably just a mild compound on a decent quality rag and some pressure should fix it. If not, check out a local paint correction guy or detailer for help.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

Indonesia
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 pm
Hi DarrelK,
Thank you very much for your information. It worked!
I applied some rubbing compound to these spots, and they are gone now. I can still see some fine lines on the edges of the spots, but these are nothing compared to the initial condition. THANKS!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:01 am
Your welcome.....just leave them alone for a month or so and hit them again. You may still be able to "refine" them a little more. Also, you might want to try and find some hand glaze in smaller bottles at the big box auto stores. Those glazes can kind of "fill in" the look....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Body and Paint