1976 VW T2 van resto.

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In

Belgium
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm
We were talking of my van with a friend during a car show and he told me he know a good painter. He called him and I trailered my van to his shop last week. I was thinking about finishing it myself, but I need an easier project to learn painting than a whole vehicle.
I had to fabricate some body dollies to move it.
So, I just have to wait to come back from the painter, and decide which color I want it :knockout:
Attachments
bay body dolly 3.jpg
bay body dolly 2.jpg
bay body dolly.jpg

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:55 am
Yes, it does take a lot of space, equipment and money to get things done right.
I am sure you will be relieved to see it done and back home again.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

Belgium
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:32 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Yes, it does take a lot of space, equipment and money to get things done right.
I am sure you will be relieved to see it done and back home again.

I sure will be.
I'm waiting for the painter to give me a quote. I'm expecting something around 5.000€. He was pleasantly surprised of the quality of the prep work and was expecting more work to do on it.
But, man, it is hard to find a color to paint it! It is originally VW pastel white. Not a bad color, but not very fun...

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:42 am
Great project, and great progress! That is a huge undertaking for anyone, let alone someone new to all of this. As to color selection, have you thought about using some older, mid 50's-60's color combinations? There were several great two tone combos back then that would look really great. I always liked the red/white combo, or the green/white combo too. Good luck!
Life is short. Play hard.

Settled In

Belgium
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:45 pm
Mark 51 Pittsburgh wrote:Great project, and great progress! That is a huge undertaking for anyone, let alone someone new to all of this. As to color selection, have you thought about using some older, mid 50's-60's color combinations? There were several great two tone combos back then that would look really great. I always liked the red/white combo, or the green/white combo too. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words. I did learn a lot's of things doing it.
I still not have decide the color combo. The painter gets sick and my bus is on a back burner to leave him finish more urgent jobs.
Previous

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects