In a right mess!!!

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:16 am
Hi, I tried to fix some dents/scrapes on my driver's side plastic bumper.

After spending around £70 on material, I sanded, body filler, used plastic primer, sanded some more, base and lacquer.

I removed the tape and it has pulled off paint with it. I don't think I waited long enough before removing tape and I probably didn't mask car up properly.

I've since tried to rectify it and made it worse and even sanded down to primer, the plastic in one part.

Wish I'd never started. Should I get a professional to sort this or is there a fix? It's causing me anxiety ☹️

Many thanks

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:29 pm
I'd just bite the bullet and find a local garage pro or even local paint hobbyist to fix it. You can spend a lot of time and money just "learning" on your car. Doesn't sound like you want this as your "new hobby." :knockout:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:46 am
DarrelK wrote:I'd just bite the bullet and find a local garage pro or even local paint hobbyist to fix it. You can spend a lot of time and money just "learning" on your car. Doesn't sound like you want this as your "new hobby." :knockout:

Thanks and yeah I don't.

Managed to find someone local who's going to sort it out for me.

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic