Filter Or No Filter--Primer With a FLG5 Gun?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:27 pm
Hi Guys,

Likely the stupidest question this week (from me), shooting a 2k primer tomorrow with my new FLG5 gun, use the cup filter or not? I'm thinking not but, what do I know. Thoughts??

Thanks!!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 pm
I assume your are talking about that little plastic screen in the bottom of the cup. I remove all the cup filters immediately and throw them away.
You should be filtering your paints and primers through a screened funnel when filling the cup anyway and that is more than sufficient.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:29 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I assume your are talking about that little plastic screen in the bottom of the cup. I remove all the cup filters immediately and throw them away.
You should be filtering your paints and primers through a screened funnel when filling the cup anyway and that is more than sufficient.
Yep, that's the one. Never had one before and always have used the funnel filter I get where I buy the paint. Just wondered if the FLG5 "needed" it. Thanks!!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 pm
Remember this is a beginners forum, so the only dumb question is an unasked one. :wink:

In old posts about gun issues it often comes up that the filter is in the cup still, the comments are toss it as far as you can and don't look back. You should be filtering the paint as you fill the gun cup anyway. Looks like I don't type fast 68 cornet got it answered first.

TX
Mr fixit_PDX
Chris :)

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 pm
:goodpost: :goodpost:
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 pm
Mrfixit_PDX wrote:Remember this is a beginners forum, so the only dumb question is an unasked one. :wink:

In old posts about gun issues it often comes up that the filter is in the cup still, the comments are toss it as far as you can and don't look back. You should be filtering the paint as you fill the gun cup anyway. Looks like I don't type fast 68 cornet got it answered first.

TX
Mr fixit_PDX
Chris :)
Well, sounds like I have been doing it right all along. Thanks Guys!!

Return to Body and Paint