Body filler shoppng

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:06 pm
Wow! What's it take to do that to a can of body filler? :shocked:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:09 pm
OldFatBald wrote:
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I just finished off a can of 3M Marson Platinum that I purchased a year ago....

Not really relevant, but a little humorous…

After reading this thread and having my next little 61 Chevy Truck cat-eye hood project coming up soon I figured that I would get some 3M Platinum.

Instead of going to my local jobber which is two towns over I decided to just order it from Jeff Bezos.

This is what showed up! Oh well, live and learn…

The attachment Amazing a thon (1).jpg is no longer available

The attachment Amazing a thon (2).jpg is no longer available

Send it back. They will replace it.
Here's what mine looked like when it arrived.
Dented Can.JPG

Fortunately it wasn't opened like yours.
Looking at comments, it seems you are not alone in getting a leaking can. Did the box look damaged (mine didn't) or just the can inside.
I think I will order from eBay next time only about a $1 more but very easy to return and replace damaged goods.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:28 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:
OldFatBald wrote:
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:I just finished off a can of 3M Marson Platinum that I purchased a year ago....

Not really relevant, but a little humorous…

After reading this thread and having my next little 61 Chevy Truck cat-eye hood project coming up soon I figured that I would get some 3M Platinum.

Instead of going to my local jobber which is two towns over I decided to just order it from Jeff Bezos.

This is what showed up! Oh well, live and learn…

Amazing a thon (1).jpg

Amazing a thon (2).jpg

Send it back. They will replace it.
Here's what mine looked like when it arrived.
Dented Can.JPG

Fortunately it wasn't opened like yours.
Looking at comments, it seems you are not alone in getting a leaking can. Did the box look damaged (mine didn't) or just the can inside.
I think I will order from eBay next time only about a $1 more but very easy to return and replace damaged goods.

I use EBay a lot for that reason. I got a gallon of epoxy from the south, via UPS that was in a box that had been opened and the gallon can was in a plastic bag. The hardener etc was covered in epoxy and it was all over everything, even leaked out the bag. But they sent me another gallon and I used up the 2/3 I got for free lol

No Turning Back
USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:12 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Send it back. They will replace it...

I contacted Mr. Bezos' company, they could not replace it but they refunded my CC and told me to just order another one!!

Poured out about two quarts into plastic jars I have.

Everything else that I have ordered online that has to do with Automotive body filler, primers and paints all had those little clips on the cans. And Tamco packs the heck out of their paints and primers!
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:41 pm
Well, look what I got in the mail yesterday:

Filler 1.JPG

Contacted Amazon after trying to fill in a Return Damaged Item form and kept getting the No Options reply. Told them I have pictures if they need to see them but they never asked me to send them.

They offered $17.08 refund and when I said, they should do a little better than that, they refunded the entire purchase price and told me that I didn't need to return it.

What a mess and the shipping box was not damaged at all. I knew there was a leak could I could smell it even before opening the box.
1968 Coronet R/T

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:08 pm
i've gotten to like Amazon more all the time. i bought a 3500w generator for my camp trailer. when i got it, it was the big contractor style (we have Amazon Prime) so i told the wife to send it back. we decided on a 3500w inverter one they had that was about 60.00 more. when the wife called for a return tag the man that she was talking to said, tell you what you just keep that generator we sent you and we'll send you the other one at no cost. what a deal! :happy:
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:31 pm
With shipping costs as high as they are right now, it's probably cheaper to say keep it.
1968 Coronet R/T

Previous

Return to Body and Paint