'95 Civic EX 2Dr - rust repair repaint project

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:23 pm
My son installed gas tank, fuel lines, and engine/trans. Starter did turn engine over. Son plans to get the rest hooked up and get it moving under its own power.

Engine Installed.jpg

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:58 am
Good job. :clap:

Looks like you'll be on track to complete in just on two years since starting. Not unusual really.

Did you ever think that you'd end up with the only $100,000 Civic in existence?
Chris

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:47 pm
NFT5 wrote:Good job. :clap:

Looks like you'll be on track to complete in just on two years since starting. Not unusual really.

Did you ever think that you'd end up with the only $100,000 Civic in existence?

It will be an unusual car being stock appearing, working AC, but more powerful engine with very quiet exhaust. When I say quiet exhaust I mean quiet but no back pressure. Value would be hard to know being no other comparable. Most ppl totally rice these old Civics up, body kits, slammed to the ground, custom seats, fast and furious style. Its my adult son's car he wanted that stock look so that direction we went.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:44 pm
My son installed axles, shifter, exhaust, radiator ect. Put in some gas and he was able to drive it up the street and back with the power moonroof buzzed open. Next get AC hoses fabbed up, charge up AC, test AC. Goal is to get all mechanical/electrical done tested verified to work before any interior is put back in car. After AC is verified to work then main harness under dash comes back out for final wrapping and button up all the electrical.

Civic runs 1.jpg

Civic runs 2.jpg

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:37 pm
My son disassembled the heat/AC box, cleaned out decades of debris and grime, new AC evaporator, new seals throughout. Then we installed it, spent long time tracking down a leaking o-ring that got pinched, and charged the system with one can. It got to 150 PSI high side blew cold air out with radiator and AC condenser fans both blowing and smooth idle. Also verified all gauges in the dash. I think only outstanding electrical check left is clock in the dash.

Next will be remove heat/AC box, remove and wrap main harness which is under/behind heat/AC box, and install fire wall insulation, then final install heat/AC box and recharge AC again. Once that is done ALL the mechanical/electrical systems will be verified and we can start putting interior in, fine tune moonroof to body alignment, do wheel alignment, torque all suspension bolts, cavity wax inside 1/4 panels, give car a good cleaning ect ect.

So slowly getting there.

AC Test 1.jpg

AC Test 2.jpg

AC Test 3.jpg

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:51 am
Amazing how much there is to do when properly restoring a car.
There are some people that think you just apply new paint and that's all there is to it.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:59 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Amazing how much there is to do when properly restoring a car.
There are some people that think you just apply new paint and that's all there is to it.

Agree. Pulling the dash and restoring HVAC was scope creep that occurred due to my son wanting to pull main wire harness out which was behind HVAC. He wanted to un-spaghetti all the wiring ect which led to HVAC box rebuild.

But yes very labor intensive a lot of work. But its our hobby this is what we do for fun.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:15 am
Warning: restoring cars can be addicting.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 4:35 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Warning: restoring cars can be addicting.

Yes we have that disease....like an addicted drug addict we aren't able to stop....but wife says funds are there keep going....

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:03 am
My son wrapped up wiring, installed dash, aligned suspension, check bolt torque, install more trim ect. We have had car out on couple of shake down runs. New throttle cable caused idle to hang high but got that fixed.

Stock appearing car very quiet exhaust but out on the road pushes you back in seat on acceleration, stiff but not harsh suspension, poly motor mounts transmit vibrations to interior, power 4 wheel disc brakes nicely balanced and strong, and high end suspension corners like a sports car. I was a little nervous in passengers seat flying around corners but tires did not make a peep no body roll at all car handled it with ease. We had the moon roof buzzed open too. Its stock appearing looks are so deceiving cause it is anything but stock like the way it runs drives. Thing is like some type of little race car.

Still need to cavity wax inside 1/4 panels then get that interior wrapped up. From mechanical electrical perspective I think that is all wrapped up in real good shape at this point.

Test Drive 2.jpg

Test Drive 3.jpg

Test Drive 1.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects