Compound/Polish Splatter Removeal

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.



No Turning Back
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:58 pm
Hi Guys,

Strange question but, thought I'd ask here.....I'm in a bit of trouble here at home with the "Boss". Seems when I was doing the buff portion of the last bike parts, some of the compound splatter hit a pair of her soft leather boots. Just light spots but certainly noticeable. Simple soap and water doesn't really move them. Any thoughts? And yes, she would like a new pair because this--I however would like to "fix" the problem, LOL. Thoughts??

Thanks!!

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 1733
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:09 pm
Rebel Racing wrote:Hi Guys,

Strange question but, thought I'd ask here.....I'm in a bit of trouble here at home with the "Boss". Seems when I was doing the buff portion of the last bike parts, some of the compound splatter hit a pair of her soft leather boots. Just light spots but certainly noticeable. Simple soap and water doesn't really move them. Any thoughts? And yes, she would like a new pair because this--I however would like to "fix" the problem, LOL. Thoughts??

Thanks!!


Buy her the shoes
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal



No Turning Back
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:33 pm
PainterDave wrote:
Rebel Racing wrote:Hi Guys,

Strange question but, thought I'd ask here.....I'm in a bit of trouble here at home with the "Boss". Seems when I was doing the buff portion of the last bike parts, some of the compound splatter hit a pair of her soft leather boots. Just light spots but certainly noticeable. Simple soap and water doesn't really move them. Any thoughts? And yes, she would like a new pair because this--I however would like to "fix" the problem, LOL. Thoughts??

Thanks!!


Buy her the shoes
LOL, secretly I knew that.

User avatar

Board Moderator
Posts: 9854
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:40 pm
Location: ARIZONA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:37 pm
Maybe take a buffer to those boots. Get them shining like new.

What compound were you using that splattered on the boots? You may find something that will soften it up for removal.
1968 Coronet R/T


ACTS 16:31

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 2728
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 am
Location: Canberra
Country:
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:22 am
P600 should work. If not, don't muck around, go straight to P80.
Chris



No Turning Back
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:41 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Maybe take a buffer to those boots. Get them shining like new.

What compound were you using that splattered on the boots? You may find something that will soften it up for removal.
Either Maguire's 100 or Chem guys V36 or 38.



No Turning Back
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:42 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Maybe take a buffer to those boots. Get them shining like new.

What compound were you using that splattered on the boots? You may find something that will soften it up for removal.
Not a bad idea about the buffer.



No Turning Back
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:43 am
NFT5 wrote:P600 should work. If not, don't muck around, go straight to P80.
LOL! P80, She'd love that, a guarantee recipe for a new pair--that is what she really wants!



Top Contributor
Posts: 1392
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 pm
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:11 am
absolutely no disrespect but this is one of them," can I fix this clearcoat failure when I have no tools no experience but I do have AutoZone spray bombs at my disposal" threads.

look for a shoe repair shop first. if you are fond of sleeping inside and addicted to oxygen it would be wise.



No Turning Back
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:25 am
tomsteve wrote:absolutely no disrespect but this is one of them," can I fix this clearcoat failure when I have no tools no experience but I do have AutoZone spray bombs at my disposal" threads.

look for a shoe repair shop first. if you are fond of sleeping inside and addicted to oxygen it would be wise.
Nah, she's pretty cool about it all...says, "just do your best, they are old" I've got it good with her. I do owe her a big '70's style flake paint job on her Vulcan though this year.

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests