orange peel-ppg single stage enamal

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:28 pm
First of all I just want to say a big THANK YOU to every one who has contributed to this site.
I just finished painting my car, a '79 gt rally model celica' yesterday (which has been off the road and under constuction for about 6 years!!)with "ppg" "industrial line spraying enamal". which is just a cheap single stage paint and there is a bit of that dreaded orange peel :? i was just wondering if i could use the same process that you would use on a bc/cc job. ie wet sand to 2000g then buff. my other concern is that while the paint does have orange dimple in it, it is quite glossy (been a high gloss paint), and i am a bit worried that if i sand ill lose the glossy finish.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and a little tip for all the first time D.I.Y guys out there like myself, If you spend and evening reading this forum and the basics of basics download, you will more than likely find all the info you need.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:51 pm
me again (79 celcia), though now i'm registered. can anyone reccomend a buffing compound that is safe and suitable to use on an enamal paint. :?: :?: :?:

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail