Little project i started

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:23 pm
I have had a nice car sitting here for a few years in need of some love. I have been widdiling away on her and got a little progress done. So i thought i would put up a few pics to share. I have the interior cumpletly gutted out, the only thing left to take out pretty much is the windheild and rear window. Sorry for the pic qualuity no digi cam had to snap em with my celly. Well on with the pics

This is what i started with

What appears to be some rot on the lower rear of the quarter panel (same on the other side as well )

here she sits in the shop ( and pic quality goes down :P)

Peak a boo i see you :D

OMG some one stole the side of my car WTF or wait i think i might have gotton a bit happy with the cutter :(

Well there was a reason i did so much cutting. Once apon a time a boob decided the he or she or they would put on new quarter panels. Well nothing wrong with that idea. However when you put on half panel replacements sometimes it is a good idea if you remove the old one and not put the new on over top it and put on TONS of body filler to hide the seams and i mean tons of filler. It was a great way for moister to trap between teh two panels and rot the "new One" from the inside out. As i was cuting the old one out you could see how rotten it was on the inside it was terriable...

Heres what i had to cut out

Yes your looking at it right and are not drunk that is two left quarter panels WOW jus WOW

But dont fret kiddies i have this waiting to go on and just the one :P Hopefully fitment wont be two bad and minimal grunt work will be required

Well thats all for now i have the same thing to look forward to on the other side but im gonna attack it one side at a time. A big thanks goes out to this forum as i have been lurking and reading for a while and gave me some good ideas and info

All comments welcomed

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:46 pm
Putting a qtr panel over top of the old one, it's unfreakin believable what some people will do :shock: I've had my fair share of surprises, unfortunately.

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:34 am
rjuhasz wrote:Putting a qtr panel over top of the old one, it's unfreakin believable what some people will do :shock: I've had my fair share of surprises, unfortunately.

What really buged me was the fact that they didnt even bother to try and put something to seal the back side of the new one. I mean im no pro but i know that when bare metal sits in a situation like that time will ultimatly rot it out. Oh and on a side note i found what might appear as the factory color but who knows a run of the vin will tell me that. Oh and sadly the car had one hell of a make over the peson who did the quarter replacment took the time to even paint the door hinges. Why do so much work but cut so many conors

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:12 am
Great car man! My brother had a purple 72 SST. Loved that car. 8)

Just curious but what size motor is in this one? Also, do you have any new photo's?

Rusty

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects