integra 1/4 panel large dent fix.....10 below with spray can

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:57 pm
hi guys, this was the second batch of work Ive done to the car so far, and it turned out really well. I had to work out of a half on my garage, so I wedged the car in, closed the garage door as much as I could, and stuffed insulation in and arround the gaps between the car and the wall.

I ran a heater close to the car, to keep the area around 5-10 degrees, and just used el cheapo Crappy tire paint and clear coat. I filled the largest part of the dent (center of the panel) with spot putty, then used a few heavy coats of high fill primer. I found after the first time around, I was getting a better finish by using about 10 coats of the notoriously thin C.T. auto paint, and wet sanding the hell out of it afterwards. Then I just buffed/ polished and voila. Its not 100%, but it looks pretty good, and its actually a better match than the photo shows. I'm really happy!!!!

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php? ... 224263.jpg

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:30 am
You can't really tell by this picture and the quality of it is not soo great.

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:24 pm
Yeah it was starting to get dark when I rolled it out of the garage. Im doing the rear panel in stages, so I'll try to take a better shot when Im done. Im really happy with the finish, and the blend. I did end up with some inconsistencies in the paint thickness now that Ive looked at it for a while. Next time I'll be more patient!

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:43 pm
Nice job. Especially considering the less less than ideal conditions you were working in. I think it turned out really well.

Mike

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 am
Hey thanks!! Ive ground the rust off the keyhole area of the rear panel, and Im sanding and priming today. I'll take a couple more shots, and post them up. Its a lot warmer outside today, so the garage should be a LOT better to work in. Thanks again for the compliment.

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects