Range Rover Vogue - Black

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:10 am
The Range Rover turned out great which is more then I can say for my day overall. Heading to the job, I hit 5 klm of unsealed road :oops: then half way thru the job I hear the sound of water sprinklers firing up, normally not to much to worry about, then remember seeing a "BORE WATER IN USE" sign at the gates on the way in 8O 8O After putting down the buff and going to my truck there she was with bore water glistening in the sun all down the driver side and half of the bonnet. :evil: :evil: NOT HAPPY. Then during the Sealing stage every time I put a coat of Z on Id get a little shower and as space was an issue I had the bonnet half out of the garage and it would get wet each time. 8O :oops: :evil: :twisted:

But as they say in the classics "the show must go on"

Kristian and I spent 10 hours on the Thursday and I finished it off with around 4 1/2 hours Friday

wash
clay
White Wolfgang pad and 3.01
Black Wolfgang pad and 85RD
3 x Z5 Pro
Z10 on the leather
1Z Cockpit Premium on the rest.

Before

After Buffing

After 3 x Z5 Pro

Some of the crud to battle with (something different from swirls.......just kidding they were there too)

After Buffing and in the nude

Next day - ready for sealing and some of the only sun I saw all day

After Zaino

Driven By Shine
Automotive Detailing
www.drivenbyshine.com.au

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:40 pm
I love black, just dont love to take care of it anymore..
[Quote from Quincy Jones]

If you want more, Dream more!!!!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:30 pm
DBS, how do you do the area around the raised "Range Rover" letters.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:36 pm
I firstly taped up all the individual letters then used a combonation of rotary between the big gaps on a real slow speed or the tape will just come straight off, then after most of the cutting was done used the RO straight over the top (untaped so the dust from the tape doesnt go everywhere) then clean up by hand.

Ill be honest in between the letters arnt perfect like on the flat parts of the car, but to get any better you really need to remove the letters / badges.

Also you cant go to heavy with the rotary on this angle cause you will leave holograms you wont be able to get out, so its really a case of finding a happy medium

Chris
Driven By Shine
Automotive Detailing
www.drivenbyshine.com.au

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:13 pm
your work amazes me everytime
" no i do not work there i just promote it "

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects